Friday, July 16, 2010

In a Travelling Mood



"Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind all human endeavor and human creations"
-Albert Einstein

So I've left London and am now in Stockholm and the sadness I felt leaving is still with me now. Why does time have to go by so fast? Why is it never enough to satisfy me?

Missing London and my awesome family inspired a rather melodramatic little ditty I wrote while on the balcony of my grandma's apartment here in Sweden in order to escape the unusual suppressive heatwave. I left Arizona for a reason...sighh...

i never knew that longing could hurt
a feeling so real that it can convert
a passionate kiss and triumphant bliss
to convulsions of woe and hysterical fits
sleep interrupted; food has no use
mental strength weakened
until soft and loose
i wish the sun still comforted the same
but all i see is nature's cruel cruel game
absence make the heart grow fonder
but also makes the mind go wander


hmm it's a jumble of emotions in that right there so i'll leave it for you all to mull over.

No comments: