Friday, October 30, 2009

NaNoWriMo is almost here!




Oh, would that my mind could let fall its dead ideas, as the tree does its withered leaves!"  -Andre Gide
pic copyright Adrian Pingstone


I'm soooo excited for NaNoWriMo. I feel like I have this secret purpose in my life outside of homework now. I have my novel idea and rough characters, but I haven't looked at my notes in ages, so I'm going to do that to get back into the groove. I am really concerned with getting stuck and losing steam early on, because it's been so long since I've been involved in my story. But I think the momentum of the NaNo events and the letters of encouragement they send should help me.


 I have to be very very very focused. 1,666 words per day. I'm setting an alarm to go off each day to make sure I have a habitual writing time. I also have 2 essays for school to work one, one which is due next Friday, so it's going to be stressful for the first week or so. But  we'll see. It just means I need to work harder, sleep less, no YouTube time, no Facebook, no Hulu, no long lunch and dinner chats with friends. It's going to be a lonely, but productive month.


But the weather is also AMAZING. Autumn puts me in such a good mood. It's chilly and I can have tea or apple cider while typing furiously on my laptop. The cold will keep me from socializing and going outside:)


My Zac blog will be taking a break so I can actually get this novel done, but I'll be back with him in December hopefully. So far I have 5 dishes and 7 subscribers yayyyy. I'm so proud of myself for doing that blog. It's a strange, unconcious story that's continuing and I have no idea where that project is going. But it's there and that's what matters. 


I hope some of you do NaNoWriMo too. It'll be nice to have some company. I've joined the East Valley group and the Phoenix group, so I can meet up with them and discuss our novel troubles throughout the month. This is going to be real change of pace, but I think it should be a good one. Good luck and happy writing!

No comments: