Saturday, May 16, 2009

summer writing!

so in 2 weeks, school will be over and i will be free, with high school behind me and my whole life ahead of me. i'm most excited for not just vacation(california!!), but I'm taking a summer writing course "How to Write a YA Novel."

I'm so ready to be serious about my novel after having spent a year of plotting, character sketches and thinking, thinking, thinking. Now I can finally be around people who will give be me feedback and test my story in the world.
Once again, I'll probably be the youngest person in the class, just like in 8th grade when I went to a free workshop on publishing at the library. I was surrounded by women and men 30-40 years older. It was an enlightening and weird feeling:)

With other news, I won 2nd place in a city wide poetry contest! I used a poem i wrote for my senior project. it's nice to know homework can actually be put to good use after it's graded. I won a free copy of the latest of TeenInk and a new notebook(used by Hemingway, which therefore guarantees it's coolness.)

things are definitely looking up. i just need to bear the next weeks of finals, yearbook signings, nostalgia, impatience, crying, graduation practices and parties. i'll have plenty to write about, i'm sure.

No comments: