Thursday, November 13, 2008

creative drought

so i haven't been on in a while, because my mind has been so full of school stuff, my creative muses are gone, sadly.

i finally finished up the first draft of ambrosia, but i feel so lazy about rewriting. that's my least favorite part. i always wish i could write it brilliantly the first time and skip this part. but i need to type it up and give it out to my friends to read over and give me feedback.

i'm kind of anxious about that because everyone always assumes i'm good at writing just because i love it and i'm the editor in chief of the newspaper at my school...i am not looking forward to their reactions. but i don't want them to sugarcoat it either cuz i need all the help i can get.

i entered the 17 fiction contest 2 years ago, but i was trying too hard to write a story like one of the winners that i'm not surprised i didn't win.this year is different though. i really feel like my story is special and i like it.i just hope i can edit it well and make it not so choppy and full of bathos.

why do ideas sound so much better in your head than on paper??

while i wait for other people to read ambrosia, i'm trying to get back on writing something else in the meantime, but my head is empty :(
all the pressure of school and lack of sleep must be really taking a toll.
that's why i can't wait until break and graduation to finally be able to write in peace!

until then i'm going to put a writing quote and cool picture on every post from now on. maybe that will help?

No comments: